By S. Suranovic
Read or Download A Moderate Compromise: Economic Policy Choice in an Era of Globalization PDF
Best globalisation books
Craig Calhoun, some of the most revered social scientists on the earth, re-examines nationalism in gentle of post-1989 enthusiasm for globalization and the hot anxieties of the twenty-first century. international locations subject argues that pursuing a only postnational politics is untimely at top and doubtless harmful.
This e-book examines the method of norm improvement and information production in foreign politics, and assesses those tactics in case stories on security from torture, highbrow estate rights and weather swap. Drawing at the theories of constructivism and the sociology of medical wisdom, writer Preslava Stoeva demonstrates that foreign norms are a made of a chain of closures and consensus reached at assorted social degrees.
Tensions among the West and the Islamic global have reached an all-time excessive, fueled through caricatures and misunderstandings on each side. against this, as Nevzat Soguk exhibits, real histories show profound connections throughout Islamic and Western civilizations. relocating past the standard specialize in Wahhabi fundamentalism, Soguk highlights the often-overlooked non-Arab kinds of Islam in Turkey and in Indonesia, which holds the world's greatest inhabitants of Muslims.
This edited publication via generators and Karp brings jointly political, criminal and ethical views at the obligations of human rights security in international politics at the present time. It reviews a slim specialize in states' 'violations' of human rights, contains non-state actors, and appears past the 'Responsibility to guard' coverage framework.
- Hegemonic Decline: Present and Past: 25 (Political Economy of the World-System Annuals)
- Beyond the Global Capitalist Crisis: The World Economy in Transition (Globalization, Crises, and Change)
- After Modernity?: Secularization, Globalization, and the Reenchantment of the World
- Cultures and Globalization: Heritage, Memory and Identity (The Cultures and Globalization Series)
- Yucatan in an Era of Globalization
- Energy Union: Europe's New Liberal Mercantilism? (International Political Economy Series)
Extra resources for A Moderate Compromise: Economic Policy Choice in an Era of Globalization
A Moderate Compromise: Economic Policy Choice in an Era of Globalization by S. Suranovic