By Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi
Owing to its geo-strategic place and mineral wealth, Afghanistan has bought value within the inter-state politics of Asia in addition to global politics prior to now many years. This e-book outlines Afghanistan’s efforts to construct a sturdy and peaceable democratic polity, with exterior army help from the U.S. and its NATO allies. It additionally analyses the nation’s improvement projects with significant powers corresponding to India, the USA, Russia and Germany. The volume:
• brings to the fore ongoing tensions in the Afghan polity and its persevered effect on Asian/world politics;
• discusses topical issues akin to withdrawal folks troops and non-traditional safety; and
• offers views from students and specialists from all over the world, together with Afghans.
This paintings can be invaluable to students and researchers in political technology, diplomacy, sociology, sector reviews, and the common reader.
Read Online or Download Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' courting with the eu protection and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer provides a common history to the ecu Union's ESDP, the strategic state of affairs of Northern Europe, the most safeguard and defence coverage matters confronted through the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical concerns bearing on defense within the quarter.
The chilly battle in Latin the USA spawned quite a few authoritarian and army regimes according to the ostensible danger of communism within the Western Hemisphere, and with that, a inflexible nationwide defense doctrine was once exported to Latin the United States by means of the us. among 1964 and 1985, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uraguay skilled a interval of state-sponsored terrorism as a rule often called the "dirty wars.
According to seven years of unique learn, this ebook includes probably the most distinct and complete checks of 'home-grown' Islamist terrorism (HGIT) within the US and united kingdom thus far. starting with an exam of the advance of militant networks throughout the Nineteen Eighties and Nineties, it strains the origins of HGIT and highlights the importance of those early reports in several nations for shaping the long run trajectory of the possibility.
On nine October 1967, Ernesto Che Guevara, Marxist guerrilla chief and hero of the Cuban Revolution, was once captured and finished by means of Bolivian forces. while the Guevara kinfolk discovered from front pages that Che was once lifeless, they made up our minds to assert not anything. Fifty years on, his more youthful brother, Juan Martin, breaks the silence to relate his intimate thoughts and percentage with us his perspectives of the nature at the back of certainly one of history's such a lot iconic figures.
- The Strategy of Terrorism: How it Works, and Why it Fails (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- Fair Play: The Moral Dilemmas of Spying
- American Popular Culture in the Era of Terror: Falling Skies, Dark Knights Rising, and Collapsing Cultures: Falling Skies, Dark Knights Rising, and Collapsing Cultures
- A Guide to Identifying Terrorists Thru Body Language
- Terrorism in Kenya and Uganda: Radicalization from a Political Socialization Perspective
Additional resources for Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories
Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories by Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi